My Definition of Friendship, as is, the majority’s, is: Inducing Pleasure, Expelling Pain and Developing Trust.
On Inverted Friendship.
A group of ‘new’ people pointed out, that if, the definition of friendship, was really subjective, then the majority’s defining elements, were, somewhat, romantic. Then, they were asked about, the qualities and expectations of friendship, and they described them as competing units performing on a professional platform, driven by a momentum based on a set of strategic principles:
- Finite respect (bcs’ everything had limits), little patience, plenty criticism, and if must be, at all, then, little praise .
- Warm smiles, conveying love, but concealing scathing looks beneath the charming ones, were methods of strengthening theid bonds, demonstrating multi-tasking, while developing interpersonal skills.
- Well wishes, effortlessly extended, but intended, only for personal gain. Esp, when their friend’s good fortune, and good taste, they said, were in sight, and in their grab’s reach – such as those lovely dresses on the right, which are better for diversifying their wardrobes, without the effort of shopping, showing their style and acquisition skills.
- Validating own opinions, while ignoring those of others, their way of effectively managing criticism, silently showing dexterity, and reducing tension. 😲.
I must say, I came away thinking that I did have a romantic notion of friendship, and was feeling as if, I were John Stuart Mills compared to Jeremy Bentham, with Mills exiting the epoch in which Bentham, was being accommodated. But I also, came away with this, that life was a learning spiral, giddying us, in all its vital revolutions.
AND THAT WAS NOT ALL FROM THE NEW PEOPLE, they had an odd way of evaluating friendsh, linked to COFFEE:
The Bathos of Friendship:
- They totted up friendships’ worth in monitory terms,
- Were economical with time, money, and with love!
- 3. Butressed falls with cream, Lily-made Logs. Last Christmas’s gift, brought back, this Xmas as a preemptive Cranberry measure, to cushion the bearish fall!
- Buy friends Peruvian (Arabica) coffee, when green with envy, the colour of natural coffee beans prior to a good roasting, but then eying the steam on the froth of their coffee.
- Wake friends up without, the aroma of that freshly brewed Peruvian – Oh their flightless mornings, how will they start their day, they might calmly ponder?!
- Don’t bin Instant Coffee, full of dust and no beans, dissolving friendships instantly, and not needing even steam?
- Are blind to Deity and not Praising, The Bean, like they really should – what do you mean?! “Oh, Stop moaning and start singing”.
- Drink cold instant coffee with Soya Beans for milk, out of an unwashed, stained, mug. YuK, to the mug.
- Constantly attempt to ‘out-connect’ friends, yet connect “nothing to nothing, on Margate Sands” leaving just a body image of The Wasteland behind – please decipher that, for me. Help!
- Have a sexual/ gender identity crises, oriented around friends.
- Accuse friends of causing blockage to their sexual fluidity.
- Gender shifting but finding respite in androgyny, when unsure of which to be.
The Darn right Ugly:
- Who, hardly utilises friendship for gain.
- Who, need friends only sometimes.
- Who, bring friends flowers, all the time.
- Who, fight friend’s cause (only theirs) unnecessarily, every time.
- Who persistently highlight their positive points, and trashing humanity’s, by way of comparison.
- To whom friends are perfect, or, likened to that home-made Cranberry, Lily Von Valley’s, Christmas log, raising its fluffy head, once more, and over which, they secretly salivate – Umm! As I had always suspected, bloody cannables!